Internship and Volunteer Program
Dreams in Africa is looking for motivated, adventurous students/ graduates with a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, who would like to share and practice their attained knowledge, skills and experience in a developing country for a longer period of time!
We work hand in hand with Community Development Internship & Volunteer Agency; Let’s Go Africa. They link students and professionals to sustainable developing projects throughout Africa and arrange the necessary preparation, guidance and supervision based on personal living and work experience in Africa. Check out the current vacancies for all educational backgrounds in Ghana and other project countries in Southern and East Africa on the website!
It is specifically about the following in Ghana:
– Students, (just) graduates and professionals with a social and/or educational background of; College of Education, (Child-)Psychology, Pedagogics, Social Work, Creative Therapy and/or other social and education related, Marketing and Engineering studies;
– Internship, Bachelor/Master thesis (research) and/or place to gain more working experience for a few months (period of time: ± 3- 12 months);
– Working and/or doing research in local development organizations in Ghana;
– Supervision and guidance from a Pedagogue, Educationalist and Behavioral Therapist (MSc.) and Social Worker (BSc.) with several years of working experience in The Netherlands and developing countries (Ghana, South Africa and Botswana).
Download here the Information guide Let’s go Ghana! Community Development Internship Program 2018,2019 for all the information about the program and the possibilities.
Interested? Send an e-mail attached with your C.V. to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we believe in community development work through internships and volunteer work at (small scale) local projects in Africa:
The community development internship and volunteer programs of Let’s Go Africa connects people from Europe, Canada, and the United States with local projects/development organizations in Africa. With this program, one works on stimulation of development on micro, medium and macro levels.
The personal development (self-image, confidence and social skills etc.) of the volunteer is stimulated because he or she challenges him or herself by temporarily leaving his or her comfort zone, crossing borders, exploring new territories and learning to live independently in a different (culture) world. This requires the volunteer to have flexibility, adaptability and tolerance.
The program will support the development and empowerment of people in underdeveloped, rural areas by giving practical help and financial support to local development projects.
We work together for a better world and future perspective, through intercultural/international networks and transferring knowledge across the world. We intend to make people aware of the connection between different cultures, countries, and continents and the influence (good and bad) we have on each other. People are stimulated to look further than their own country and learn to be more involved and responsible with the underdeveloped world.
(Financial) adoption program
Adopt and support a vulnerable child!
This adoption program is for any child, who can’t live at home or needs to take care for him or herself. For example, in case of lack of parental care, poverty, abundance, abuse or child labor. The goal of this program is to give the OVC (Orphan and Vulnerable Child) a chance for a better future by financial support in personal care, medical care and education, so that children can be stimulated in their personal development.
For only 20, – Euros per month, your help can make a difference! This goes directly to the children of the Friends Children’s Home in Ghana. See the information under Projects – Ghana; The Friends Foundation.
Children for adoption
Friends Children’s Home currently takes care of only 16 children: 4 girls and 12 boys between 2 and 25 years of age. This is good news, because many of them are now old and independent enough to live on their own in the community. Almost all of them have found a job or are still studying. Others are back with their family. This is stimulated by the Ghanaian government to encourage growing up with family in the community as much as possible instead of residential care. This is called the “family-based care” program, in which the most vulnerable children from a poor background and community are financially supported in their own environment and family to still be able to go to school. This program is coordinated by The Friends Foundation.
We don’t want to favor one child over another, so the manager will decide who will be chosen. However, you can choose if you want a child between 0-12 years or an adolescent between 12-21 years of age.
- Please note that the adolescent cost is more than a younger child. The adolescent has to be more independent by earning some of his own money. This is encouraged by the Kente-weaving project. When they go to Senior Secondary School, adolescents stay in a boarding house, which runs up expenses.
- Background information about the child is confidential except when the child is old enough and willing to give out this information. It is possible get in contact with the child through postal letters or e-mail.
- Adoption can take place on an individual basis or as part of a family, a sports team, together with colleagues through work, etc. So, it is also possible that a child is sponsored by more than one adoptive parent.
How can you adopt a child?
Fill in the Registration form Adoption program Print it out and send it to:
The Dreams in Africa Foundation
5431 HH Cuijk
Or e-mail the completely filled in form to: email@example.com